The History of the Rebirth Church
Shiloh United Holy Church has been active in the Asbury Park community since it was founded in 1938 by the late Rev. Henry Jeffries at 139 Borden Avenue. There have been several dedicated Pastors since its inception.
In 2001, under the leadership of Rev. Felton P. Miller, the new church was resurrected at 142 Dewitt Ave. In 2006, Rev. Miller became ill and transitioned home with the Lord and in 2008 Elder Mark E. White was sent to evangelize and lead the body.
In 2010 Bishop Mark E. White was installed as the Pastor of Shiloh UHC. Having vision and anointing, Bishop White formed Shiloh Community Fellowship Ministries and evolved the church to an independent organization and became a pillar in the community.
Meanwhile in 2012 the Lord called Pastor Jason Jennings, known to many as Pastor J, to shepherd the flock of The New Bethlehem Church located in South Toms River. In time Bethlehem began fellowshipping with Shiloh Community Fellowship Ministries.
Bishop White and Pastor J were close friends in the ministry and oftentimes Bishop White would refer to him as his “little brother”. Realizing that God has a plan and purpose, Bishop White recognized his calling to a broader international ministry. Simultaneously, God was calling Pastor J to Asbury Park to plant a new church.
With obedience, vision, and trusting God, Shiloh Community Fellowship Ministries and The New Bethlehem Church merged together under the leadership of Pastor Jason Jennings, to form The Rebirth Church of Asbury Park……..TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!!!